Intellectually Disabled Treatment Program
Rolling Hills Hospital is very proud to offer our community a treatment program dedicated to the needs of the intellectually disabled. This program specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of individuals with varying degrees of cognitive and behavioral impairments who require psychiatric treatment. Rolling Hills Hospital provides a comprehensive range of services as part of a short-term stabilization treatment model.
Services for intellectually disabled persons include:
- Crisis stabilization
- Comprehensive evaluation including the Support Intensity Scale of Adults with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities
- Multidisciplinary individual treatment focused on intellectural disabilities and their co-occurring psychiatric disorders
- Medication management, education and training
- Individual, group, family and cognitive behavioral therapy
- Development and strengthening of coping skills
Our Treatment Team
Like anyone else, an intellectually disabled person may present emotional, behavioral, interpersonal or adjustment problems requiring psychiatric care. Patients with intellectual disabilities compounded with a psychiatric disorder present very unique and complex symptoms requiring specialized, individualized treatment.
A psychiatrist experienced in the needs and challenges of the intellectually disabled, leads the caring and compassionate Rolling Hills hospital clinical staff.
Others involved with the patient’s individualized treatment program may include psychologists, nurses, licensed therapists, social workers, certified nurse aids, mental health technicians, recreational therapists and other health care professionals within the hospital setting. The primary goal of inpatient treatment is to help individuals regain their health in the least amount of time so they may return safely and independently to their home, community residence or other treatment setting.